Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Reintroducing Captive Tigers into the Wild
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristiemiller79
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Val, this would be so AWESOME, let's just hope and pray that it works out... Wink Very Happy Very Happy
cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yup! all we have to do is pray!
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is great the people are making an effort to save this critically endangered animal (South China Tiger).

Interesting that the Tibetan Monks are going to try and help the Indo Chinese Tiger! No doubt they are praying for these beautiful tigers! Very Happy

Its kind of like the joke about what to do when the elevator you are on is plummeting downward and about to crash. Don't just let yourself get taken out - try something! (Richard Pryor joke - he said he'd wait until the last second and then jump just before it hits! We have almost waited until the last second with these animals - but bless all of those that are willing to put serious effort in saving these tigers!).

Here's the link to that topic posted by Hazel:

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=566

binkismama
Dung Beetle
Dung Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Releasing Tigers into the wild Reply with quote
The first thing that I wanted to address is this. If you don't believe that
Animal Planet is doing the right thing. What can we DO about it? The power of the people's voice can and does make a difference. Have you written them letters have you seen their finaicial statements as to what they do donate to other causes in a year? The only way to perpetuate a change is get up and do the work. Have you asked them why they don't donate to other good causes why they don't help the animals that they film in thier shows or are we just assuming they don't because it isn't splashed all over ever newspaper or finciancal paper in the country?
The second thing I wanted to say The sequaL to BORN FREE is called LIVING FREE> Both great shows. Binkismama
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
are we just assuming they don't because it isn't splashed all over ever newspaper or finciancal paper in the country?

You should read the whole thread and check out all of the links... That wasn't based on assumption.

Rather than waste time trying to change organizations that make vasts amounts of money - but only spend a fraction of that on animal welfare, I prefer to support organizations that give back more to the animals.

Endangered and threatoned animals don't have that much time to wait for that type of change.

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
They have contacted J and I about filming our Lemurs for a show last week and again this morning and guess what not one word about donating to the sanctuary or making one payment or anything it's all about what they need from us with nothing in return but maybe a plug !!! J and I are sick of that and we have done many film work with them both but it's always the same not one dime for our Sanctuary and it like pulling teeth just to get some sort of credit !!! I will be answering them today and let them know it will take a 2500.00 donation from them if they want to come here with a film crew and take all day filming and taking J and my time to work with them to get the footage they are looking for and guess what when they read 2500.00 they will not be contacting us because they do not want to pay us anything for our time and for our cause and for the Sanctuary or to help out our animals !!! It use to be exciting for J and I to work with these people but not no more because we have learned it all about them and rating and nothing about our Sanctuary they look at us to use our animals for their profit PERIOD !!!! Sad but true !!!! National Geographic is a different story and are leaps and bounds ahead of them and put their own money into all kinds of projects to help Sanctuarys and animals in the wild and funds tons of project all over the world !!! Now of course I watch their shows but don't care to film with them anymore with our animals because they want everything done for FREE and really don't care about us or our Sanctuary it's all about them and their shows and having rating !!! they don't think our sanctuary should get any money from them and that we should bend over backwards because they are who they are and that is over as far as J and I are concered !!! Now of course with Nigel J and I will do anything for him because he cares about our Sanctuary and bend over backward for us and always helps out the Sanctuary when filming here !!! We will let him film here anytime he wants and we will bend over backwards to be part of anything he doing !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
binkismama
Dung Beetle
Dung Beetle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Releasing Tigers in the Wild Reply with quote
I can defenitly understand the frustration you feel with dealing with this issue Dave. I also agree that you should require a donation for the time you guys spend with a film crew. Maybe if all sancuarys took that approch it would definitly help the animals.I know THAT IWOULD NOT GO TO VISIT A SAncu-paywithout making a donation to them espesialy after seeing what the animals really need and the work that goes into keeping a sancuary going. Sorry about the spelling I have a kitten trying to help me type! haha!. I also don't want to give the impression that I support their actions, I do know however that alot of good deeds go unnoticed 222222222. I donate as much as I can to organzations that help animals. Since I have a Cronic disease sometimes I can't make the donations that I would like,but I try. I pray for you and the animals every night that you will be able to contiue tha work you do and that you will have all that you need to do so. binkismama.
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Since I have a Cronic disease sometimes I can't make the donations that I would like,but I try.

Binkismama - What a BEAUTIFUL heart you have! You need to be cloned! Very Happy If more people only thought like you...

Dave - I'm just speechless after reading your post! Those folks have so much money, and you are asking so little considering they have done NOTHING to help the sanctuary - yet they haven't offered one red hot dime to help out to say "Thank You" for letting them take up time that you could be using to care for the animals. AMAZING!! Sad

tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I talked to them after they read my e-mail of J and i wanting 2500.00 to let them film here all day and take up our time and use our animals and they said they would be glade to donate to the Sanctuary or give a location fee but could not pay that much !!! Are you ready for this ??? They offered us 250.00 !!! I laugh and told then how funny that was and don't ever waste our time again by contacting us without being prepared to make a 2500.00 dollar a day donation fee to the Sanctuary !!!

This show was a 6 part series with commerials and sponsors and an hour long and they feel our Sanctuary and animals and our time are only worth 250.00 dollars is that not a JOKE ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Animal Planet Reply with quote
How incredibly sad to hear them offer $250 for your time and work. Such an offer is very RUDE Evil or Very Mad Forget about them.
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Well I talked to them after they read my e-mail of J and i wanting 2500.00 to let them film here all day and take up our time and use our animals and they said they would be glade to donate to the Sanctuary or give a location fee but could not pay that much !!!

They actually said that they could not pay that much? I think it is more like would not! SHAME on those folks!!! Evil or Very Mad

Considering what they make for airing a show with the commercials and all, there is no excuse for that insult. Surely they are aware that the sanctuary was hit by back-to-back hurricanes last season. Confused And you are still repairing things and while caring for the animals and recovering from surgery...

They sound like a hard-core money making machine, focused on making as much profit as they possibly can, without giving back to the animals.
I don't blame you & J one bit for turning them down! I was really hoping that they would disappoint me - but their response was not really that surprising. Too bad. Sad

Last edited by vlad on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what i been telling you guys all along about these COMPANIES !!! everyone thinks they care but in reality they don't care one bit about animals in Sanctuaries or in the wild to them they are just a way to make money for the COMPANY without giving anything back !!! We people are so stupid and nieve to what really goes on and it makes me sick !!! J and I knew all along what their answer was going to be and this is why we are so done with filming with our animals to put on TV or for anyone that wants to profit from them for any reason !!! No movie work no comericals no photo shoots no NOTHING for anyone anymore our animals deserve better then that and so does this Sanctuary and so does the Tigerhomes team !!!
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG....I really can't believe that! Well, yes I can too....that totally #%$#%!! Hope you laughed in their face when they said $250! Haha...That's insane! And you know they can afford it, cause we all know it's not cheap to air commercials! Well it is definitely THEIR LOSS!!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey don't feel bad J and i could care less and was glad how it worked out and trust me i laugh and gave them a lesson in what's right and what's wrong and pointed out to them just how we felt !!! hehe !!!

This is no big deal and like we have said before we don't like doing film work unless it only for us anyway !!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Future of Wild Cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: