Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Midnight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Sanctuary's African Leopards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Midnight's Surgery!!! Reply with quote
Hey GooF - the surgery just ended. Heard from Dave and surgery was scheduled for midafternoon. Dr. Kramer & J just stitched "Our Girl" back up right now Wink

The main thing was a very thorough check of her digestive track, to release any gastric pressure and to look for signs of any infection. Evidently they turned her inside-out (literally) and all her organs look to be in GOOD SHAPE Exclamation Today made the 96th hour since Midnight has been able to eat although she did get fluids administered yesterday.

Dave & J will be giving you guys a much better update as soon as they come out of the final procedures but they wanted me to post to let everyone know it looks like she came through with flying colors Cool

A little loving care now and let's ALL HOPE THAT SHE IS BACK TO BEING HER MISCHEVIOUS SELF SOON Twisted Evil

Better safe than sorry Exclamation Our Baby Midnight was so weak this morning they could not wait anymore or take any chances. Thank goodness for Dr. Kramer & J's help. I know the surgery is expensive and, hopefully we can all make a real special effort to get some more funds down to Dave to help just a little.

Ace
hazelmharris1
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thankyou so much ace for letting us know......so glad she same through ok...please let them all know are thoughts are with all of them......heres wishing midnight a safe recovery.....
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BarbaraJ
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the update, Ace. Breathing a little easier now for sure. The surgery sounds pretty extensive and like there's a good bit of down time for her now. Bless her heart Exclamation Please tell everyone involved that our thoughts are with them.
gloria2
Lemur
Lemur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Ace - glad to hear she came through ok. Now hopefully she'll recover fast and be back to her old self. I had put a check in the mail for a general donation yesterday, but made one online today, as I know surgeries / emergencies can be quite expensive, so you should have the other donation in couple of days via snail mail (sorry) - hope it helps!

Will be waiting to hear more details about her later.
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Big Steak Reply with quote
You guys know how much our support means to Dave and he will be so happy to know we are all pitching in to help.

I have spent my lifetime helping the animals - many I dont know and even more that once the work is done I will never even see again. That never mattered to me - when you see something that needs to be done you just do it.

Now here we have the TigerHomes animals we have all come to love as if they were our very own so you bet I was sitting on the edge of my chair today - HOPING & PRAYING for the BEST for Midnight Exclamation

Off now myself to the Post Office to send off my own donations. I hope Midnight gets to have a BIG STEAK when this is all over Cool Maybe Dave & J will get one too Twisted Evil

Ace
nikki
* Little Nerd *
* Little Nerd *

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the update ace I too have been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting glad it is now behind her and TD,J & Alex hope our little girl is on her way to recovering and I bet they all would enjoy a big steak when they know she is back to her playful little self

gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much for getting an update in here for all of us Ace....& thank you Dave & J for getting some word out, for being there and for being the best four*wait!make that 6--can't forget Dr. Kramer!*hands our little baby could be in right now. Can we say 'worried sick'? Literally. I am so relieved she came through the surgery just fine. Praying for an uneventful full recovery. Poor baby!

It is so great to see everyone pitching in to help out with this additional unexpected expense.....$a large one it will indeed be$.......each and every single dollar is just that much closer to covering the costs of providing what our sweet little girl leopard needs most RIGHT NOW.
Fellow Nerds Unite.....I like that!!

Be well Midnight! Please be well!

keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks ACE for the update. I'm glad to hear that her surgery went well. Yes we all hope with some "TLC" she will get back to her "MISCHEVIOUS SELF". My thoughts & prayers go out to her and all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Pins & Needles Reply with quote
Guess I am still on "pins & needles" waiting to hear from Dave or Jason with the "real deal". I have looked at least a hundred times Shocked

To think of the responsibilities those guys have is amazing and they take it all in stride. Good thing they have the backbone & the stamina to keep up with all the creatures Wink

Hey - even if we can't do what they do ourselves at least they know we are always on their side Cool

Ace
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Guys!
Don't have much time to write now because I am working on a more formal rite-up. Midnight did very well. We ended up opening up her abdominal cavity and examined all of her internal organs with a major concentration on her digestive tract! Once opened up, Dr. Kramer examined from her stomach down to her little butt. We were all shocked not to find a single Foreign Object! Her tummy was very bloated and filled with air. Dr. Kramer inserted a 22G needle and removed the about 60 cc of air from her stomach. At least now we know for sure that she passed the fibers on her own with the assistance of a enema. Wheww! We can breath easy that her unusual behavior this morning was mostly the result of gas then a more serious intestinal injury. Now lets all hope that she makes a complete recovery from the surgery and starts eating sometime tomorrow. David will be keeping her inside in a secure empty room so she remains calm and has nothing to jump on. We want her to avoid popping stitches. We were very luckily on many levels here. It is always very risky sedating any exotic, primarily leopards. In many cases they never wake up. Luckily we have a great vet , fantastic vet facilities with a really smooth tranquilizer cocktail. WHEWWWWWWW

J
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*whew* *WHEW* Exclamation Thank you Jason for the update....we can all let out the breaths we were holding. There was no way I was going to bed tonight not knowing SOMETHING-ANYTHING and the news is as good as can be expected...may it continue to be so!! You guys are going to take awesome care of her and I think it's safe to relax a little now. Fingers crossed. Love that little one!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU guys!!

ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Relief Reply with quote
WHEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Thank you so much J Exclamation

Ace
LEMUR-J
* * Nerd * *
* * Nerd * *

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No worries! My pleasure! I just sent a write Up on PART 1 to post when he can. I'll Nerd on Part 2 latter!

J
bvjmama2
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank goodness our girl is going to be ok! I know everyone was thinking and praying for her today, I couldn't get her off my mind. Crying or Very sad
I'll be making my online donation tuesday, have to wait for that paycheck to roll in, but thats my 1st priority. Dave, Jason and Dr Kramer, THANK YOU for taking such wonderful care of her, now you all get some much needed rest also. I'll be checking in as often as I can for updates. {{{hugs}}} to everyone, I know we are are breathing easier. Very Happy
GooF
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh! she is OK!! Thanx goodness! Thanx to the both of doctors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> The Sanctuary's African Leopards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 31 of 49

Jump to: