Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Sherikon & Marcan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Your Favorite Sanctuary Tigers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
In-between meal bird snacks? I'm sure the feathers are not very tasty!!

One of the things so striking about this picture, is how much white there is in her face/head. Very pretty!
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
will have Tundra and Loki in their habitat tomorrow for you guys to see right after I eat and feed them !!! hehe !!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tundra and Loki are in their habitat and will be there most of the day !!!

enjoy !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Denise
Golden Tiger
Golden Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wheeeeee Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
ace1fan
Meerkat
Meerkat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: WT Cruising Reply with quote
Denise I know you are smiling today Cool Very Happy Shocked Wink Twisted Evil

I am right with you.....White Tigers, White Tigers, White Tigers Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

The new sod looks so BEAUTIFUL and let's hope it takes Cool What a lot of hard work Exclamation Thanks again to TigerDave and a BIG thanks to Greg also.

Now tell me where else can you watch the rarest animals in the world eating breakfast & cruising their turf Question Question Question

Ace
kitty24
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay! Finally got some good close-up shots of Sherikon this morning just as it was getting daylight there....and I must say again, she is one GORGEOUS tiger! All of you who have been around here for awhile know what a task it can be getting close ups of our beauty, but you just have to know the right times to watch...today is my day off (but yes, still got up early Rolling Eyes ) and I always try to catch the cams just as the sun is coming up....and it is an absolute AWESOME time to get those pics of these beautys....and now.....TD and gone and fixed NITE LITES for Golden Cam viewing!!! Great going once again TD!!! You are so full of surprises and always keep us guessing and it is ALWAYS more than worth it....So yes, I just went and adopted these two beauties!! (So that leaves how many left now?! Hehe...) Laughing Laughing

Ps-Also wanted to throw this in....if any of you out there haven't made any adoptions yet or ordered any of the glossy's....SHAME, SHAME ON YOU!!!! You really don't know what you are missing.....so far I have Clarence and Gypsy, and Tundra and Loki, and now these two! They are absolutely gorgeous and a must have for ANY animal lover or photographer and they are more than suitable for framing! Hehe...So now Kitty is just waiting on IHOP & Shredder! Wink Laughing
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Kitty
I just got a pretty cool picture of 1 of the Golden Tigers.I don`t know witch one it is so you will have to figure it out.I think I posted the close up one I took so you will have to check around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed that Messybeast.com, a site that collects info on unusual big cat hybrids and genetics, mentioned Sherikon! Cool

http://messybeast.com/genetics/mutant-bigcats1.html

They pointed out that the mutation came from a Bengal, so all goldens are either Bengals or mixes between Bengals and Amurs.

I've also noticed that all of the big cats here are in male/female pairs. Are you trying to breed them Question
tigerdave
Ocelot
Ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
we do not breed the CATS at all !!! and don't ask how can you stop it because it very easy i just seperrate them !!! hehe !!!!And by the way that system works because we have had no tiger CUBS born here ever !!! They are paired up because we do not like having solatary animals ! Smile !
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of Sherikon and Marcan...........WOW! What a cool new red-colored ball they have in there!! That thing really FLIES too Exclamation Saw Sherikon late last night (under LIGHTS!TY so much T.Dave Cool ) at a flat out run after it. She must have kicked the winning goal Laughing . It was an awesome sight to be sure. *smiling large*

Smilodon...that is quite a comprehensive site dealing with tiger/big&little feline species. Most of these sites that get into all the genetics and breeding information on cats will and do agree that almost ALL tigers in captivity carry SOME Bengal genes. I find it interesting that from the earliest times on mankind has played a large part in determining which of these species survive. That site brought out an intersting thought: Any unusual or different-appearing animals were shot by hunters as a novelty, unwittingly almost insuring they would never get the chance to spread those genes around the pool. (so to speak) We have been messing with nature for a very long time........... Evil or Very Mad

Smilodon
African Leopard
African Leopard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
we do not breed the CATS at all !!! and don't ask how can you stop it because it very easy i just seperrate them !!! hehe !!!!And by the way that system works because we have had no tiger CUBS born here ever !!! They are paired up because we do not like having solatary animals ! Smile !

Good. You prevent breedings by seperating them when the females are in heat?
cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That Red thing is a ball? Lol i thought it was somthing else....But then again I guess it was a ball. i guess i didn't think of it. lol! Wow i saw it fly once too. they really like that thing don't they? hehe!!!

Did all the cats get a new toy? or was it just Sherkion and marcan?
keykey
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got acouple of snapshots today of our "GOLDEN" pair... and I must say they have the most beautiful color of fur.
Now these 3 shots are heads & rumps. Laughing And the fourth one they were running around playing I think. Twisted Evil
Thought I would share them with you all. Razz

Aren't they the most beautiful things?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Isis993366
Panther
Panther

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know which tiger this is?? I cant seem to tell whether its Marcan or Sherikon. I look at it one way and I see Marcan because the body is darker, but then i look at the face and I see Sherikon a little bit because of all the white around the eyes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vlad
Clouded Leopard
Clouded Leopard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Golden Tiger Identification Reply with quote
The best way to tell the golden tigers apart is by their markings.
As you probably already know -- no two tigers stripes are alike.

Check out this page to see how to tell the two golden tigers apart:
Arrow The Sanctuary's Siberian Golden Tigers

...and read Laura's (gb3llma) post on this: (3rd post from the bottom of the below page)
Arrow Sanctuary Tiger Identification Pages

Hope this helps. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> Your Favorite Sanctuary Tigers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: