Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Descriptive Subject Titles For Visitors & Search Engines

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Descriptive Subject Titles For Visitors & Search Engines Reply with quote
I'm seeing a major improvement in the forum regarding descriptive subject titles for new topics. Descriptive subject titles make it easy for members and guests to find information when browsing a list of topics in this forum. Plus this assists people using the forum's search function so that they can find the most relevant information they are looking for. It's also very important to remember that search engines like Google look closely at descriptive phrases in subject titles AND within the text of your actual posts.

For example this topic is now showing up really well in Google for the phrase "Big Cat Interbreeding"

Arrow http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Big+Cat+Interbreeding&btnG=Google+Search

You will also see that this phrase captured the more popular "Cat Interbreeding" as a bonus.

Arrow http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Cat+Interbreeding&btnG=Search

The phrase Big Cat Interbreeding may not in itself bring a lot of search engine queries (traffic) but it's a great example of how you can have your posts be #1 in the search results by being as specific and descriptive as possible. This increases the chances of bringing new visitors to the forum.

If you want to help us spread awareness this is a pretty simple way you can help and I can see it's already starting to make a difference.

Great work everyone! Very Happy

We have come a long way from the days of subject titles like Hey Look at this & Hi Everyone LOL Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> READ ME: Forum Tips, Guidelines, and Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: