Tigerhomes.org Animal Sanctuary Forum
Click Here to Go To Cams

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Why Lions?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> King of the Jungle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should lionesess be "Queens of the Jungle?"
YES
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Why Lions? Reply with quote
Why are male lions king of the jungle?Well if you look at it this way the lionesess do all the hunting.Males don`t do much.The thing is that males get to eat first but did they do anything to get what they are eating?I personally think the lionesess should be crowned Queens of the jungle!What about you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
All lions are cool but what makes males better?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gb3llma
Baby Polar Bear
Baby Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: King or Queen Reply with quote
I used to see it that way too!! I've since learned that while it seems like the male does nothing but lay around waiting for the females of the pride to make a kill, and then EATS FIRST, he has a most important role to play. And a very dangerous one too!! He must save his strength to fend off any ploy for a takeover by other younger males wanting 'his' pride!!! (Often there are two against one) Know what the first thing a new male does when he takes over? He kills any and ALL the cubs. He does that so the females will have litters with only his babies. So the male African Lion has a most dangerous and important job. (And they don't even live in jungles so I have no idea why or how that term came about Laughing )

That's my story. Wink
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yah that tearm is not true they don`t live in the jungle......do they?yah it is sad that the new pride male kills the cubs so so sad Crying or Very sad
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lions are so cute it is hard to imagin that.
cheetahlover13
Royal Python
Royal Python

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lions are great!! i love them too
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cheetahs are cool to.don`t forget that lol Laughing
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any facts about lions?other than the usual lion facts
abby9ak
Top Nerd
Top Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
why do most people want lions to be king of the jungle?Its an opinon.I agree personally but thats just me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TigerHomes.org Forum Index -> King of the Jungle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: