|<< Back | Next >>
This is a take-home
quiz. To answer the questions, some of
which were covered
in the film, use all available resources
including books and the web. Answer all
the questions in complete sentences.
1. Tortoises belong to ancient family
of reptiles. How long ago do scientists
think that turtles and tortoises evolved?
2. The Florida Kingsnake is one of how
many species of kingsnake that live in
3. Why can kingsnakes hunt and eat venomous
4. In the wild, how long do American River
Otter pups stay with their parents?
5. What is the conservation status of
the American Crocodile?
6. How many cubs do Florida Panthers usually
have and how long do they stay with their
7. List two ways in which the parenting
strategies of Red-tailed Hawks and American
8. Why can American Crocodiles live in
salty or brackish waters when their alligator
cousins are incapable of doing so?
9. Which of the following species evolved
most recently: Gopher Tortoises, River
Otters, American Crocodiles?
10. In what other county (countries) besides
The United States is one likely to find
<< Back | Next >>