Quiz # 4
Our film “Power Cats: Locked and Loaded” introduces
students to eight subspecies of Felines. Students should
make reference to this film, the curriculum detail and
perhaps outside resources to answer the questions presented
in this take-home quiz.
Using all available
resources: books, encyclopedias, the
web, the film "PowerCats" you saw in class, etc.
answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. List the prey species (at least 3) that is the primary
food source for our PowerCats?
2. Are Felines Nocturnal, Diurnal, or Crepuscular, and
what does this designation mean?
3. Are Tigers social or solitary animals?
4. Lions have two subspecies, what are the two and how
do they differ from one another?
5. What is the conservation status of Tigers and what
is the greatest threat to their survival?
6. Where in the world would you find Lions?
7. Cougars have the broadest range of any of the feline
species and are named for the territory they inhabit. List
two of the other names by which these animals are known.
8. What is one of the main uses for a Lion's mane? State
the advantages of this feature.
9. What is an Ungulate? (Students may refer to TigerHomes
Illustration Pages for Prey Species or refer to outside
10. Felines are most active at early dawn and at dusk
when hunting or patrolling territory. What is the term
used to describe this behavior?
Name at least one Feline which has a Genetic Color Variation
but is not a separate subspecies.