Quiz # 3
1. Which of the following are habitats?
(a) altitude (b) laughing (c) forests (d) savannah (e)
deserts (f) highways g) mountains
2. Circle the Tiger subspecies which are now Extinct:
(a)Siberian (b)Bengal (c)Javan (d)SouthChina (e)Sumatran(f)
Bali (g)Caspian (h)Indo-Chinese
3. Felines are very territorial and mark their territory
boundaries using the following:
(a) vocalizations (b) pug marks (c) scent marking (d) all
of the these (e) none of the these
4. All felines have retractable claws with the exception
of this animal:
(a) Cougars (b) Bengal Tigers (c) Cheetahs (d) Mountain
Lions (e) African Lions
5. White Lions, Golden Tigers & White Tigers are members
of the same _______________, but belong to different __________________.
6. Which of the following are factors endangering wild
(a) loss of habitat (b) hunting (c) poaching (d) all of
the above (e)none of the above
7. Which of the following are not felines?
(a) aardvark (b) tortoise (c) giraffes (d) caracals (e)
8. Felines are nocturnal. Special features in their eye
structure allows them better vision at night than humans.
Do they see in color as well as humans? ___Yes _____No
9. An animal that is mostly active at night is called
10. Explain why, from a conservation perspective, it might
be valuable to preserve feline species in captive breeding