|<< Back | Next >>
For each of the following blanks pick a word or term from the
list below which best completes the statement. Each phrase
or word can only be used once.
An otter’s thick (1)________________ keeps water from
its skin as it swims.
· Red tailed Hawks are (2)________________ ; they hunt for
· Florida Panthers are also called (3)_________________ or
· Crocodiles and Alligators have a special (5)_____________
called a nictitating membrane .
· Alligators and Crocodiles are both (6)_______________ .
· Gopher Tortoises are not (7)_____________, since they only
· Kingsnakes are (8)________________ which means they overcome
their prey by squeezing them.
· List the four species described in the film that are reptiles
(9)_____________ , (10)_____________ , (11)______________
, (12)_____________ .
· Animals that spend most or all of their time in water are
called (13)_____________ .
· Kingsnakes use their forked tongs and their (14)______________
· Florida Panthers and American Crocodiles are endangered animals
in Florida due mostly to loss of (15)______________ .
(A) JACOBSEN'S ORGAN (B) FUR (C) SCALES (D) KINGSNAKE
(E) ELEPHANT (F) CONSTRICTORS (G) BIRDS OF PREY
(H) NOSE (I) EYE LID (J) GOPHER TORTOISE (K) AQUATIC (L)HABITAT
(M) AMERICAN ALLIGATOR (N) COUGARS
(O) AMERICAN CROCODILE (P) MAMMALS (Q) REPTILES
(R) MOUNTAIN LIONS (S) PREDATORS
<< Back | Next >>