ANSWER KEY LETTERS: P R R O T E D A
Concept Work Sheet
FINAL ANSWER: PREDATOR
- As this is concept based and has a wide
range of correct possible answers, teachers should construct
their own answer guidelines.
1. c, d, e, g
2. (c) Javan, (f) Bali, (g) Caspian
3. (d) all of these
4. (c) Cheetah
5. Species, Sub Species
7. a, b, c, e
10. Sound genetic or "pure" species for conservation and breeding
of populations to return to the wild, education and preservation of the species.
1. (Correct Selection any 3) Antelope, Birds, Deer, Elk, Giraffe, Goat, Hares,
Kudu, Rodents, Tapir, Waterbuck,
Wild Boar, Wild Pigs, Wildebeest.
2. Crepuscular… most active at dawn and dusk
4. African & Asiatic. African Lions manes are much larger than Asiatic
Lions. Asiatic Lions have a longitudinal
skin fold that runs down the length of their stomach. African Lions number
40,000 and they are still free
roaming in central Africa. Asiatic lions number less than 300 and only reside
in a protected area in India.
5. Endangered. Loss of Habitat.
7. (Correct Selection any 2) Bobcat, Florida Panther, Mountain Lion, Puma,
8. Added illusion of size and protection from fangs and claws of other males.
9. Hoofed Mammal
BONUS: White Tiger, White Lion, or Golden Tiger